Saturday, June 12, 2010

Axer: Quick and dirty

Just saw that 'Axor' is in the Hasbro 'Hunt for the Decepticons' game. He's essentially Movie Lockdown with a new head, but the new head looks pretty cool. Got me thinking about the original ActionMaster Axer it's based on.
Photobucket

How I didn't see the similarities to the Classics Prowl mold is beyond me, so I digibashed something just to satisfy my curiosity.
Photobucket

Considering how quickly and easily this could be done, I may take a stab at this after Botcon. I thought about using Silverstreak, but kind of like him having that light bar. And of course, being coo-coo for two packs, I figured he should keep his cycle partner. Throw in Cybertron Ransak, he already smacks of Axer's motorbike companion. But if you wanted to go for the double homage, recolor that bad boy black like Axer's R.I.D namesake.

(Credit for base toy photos goes to Seibertron.com. Credit for reference pic goes to the Transformers Wiki.)

No comments:

Post a Comment