Friday, September 7, 2012

Torca Time!

"I am able! Just ask Bantor! He was all mandrill until I put a tiger in his tank!"
-Ratchet
Transformers Prime: "Operation Bumblebee - Part 2"

The above quote kicked into overdrive what was for awhile just a passing musing in my head that the Beast Wars Fuzors to be made into classics vehicles.
Not to say this thought is anything new, considering we've already seen Quickstrike pop up in the DOTM line as DarkSteel and SkyShadow in the somewhat under the radar DOTM Powerglide repaint, but now I can't stop digibashing!
First and foremost, my favorite of the Fuzors-Torca!

I've always had a soft spot for these mixed mode Beasties. I was was not a fan of the first season of Beast Wars at all, and only tolerated it towards the end. It was the back of the box previews of the Fuzors and later glimpses of Silverbolt and Quickstrike for the show that really turned me around and made me want to give the show a chance. Despite being thoroughly disgusted by Quickstrike being made into an idiotic cowboy of the flimsiest kind, it didn't keep me from loving the toy. When I saw pics of the upcoming Fuzors, I freaked when I saw Torca-that whale-a-phant would be mine!
Beast Wars has come and gone, but I think the brilliance of the Fuzors' basic designs should be preserved and applied to the current lines. I don't care if you want to call them pre-BW bodies or "Classics" whatever, but these guys were made to be fused (no pun intended) with some Classics molds.

Credit to seibertron.com for the original images.

No comments:

Post a Comment